Monday, 31 December 2012

For Some The World Did End In 2012

The year is drawing to a close(or may have already by the time I finish this) and many unfulfilled hopes go with it. It's the year that we won, repeatedly, fair and square. Then we were cheated, again and again and again. Some who were with us on this journey are no longer with us now, some who undoubtedly could have lived on if their plight was acknowledged by those with the power to do something.

But they didn't want to do something, so they don't want to know- they will just lie and cheat, regardless of the consequences. I was told my complaint about the atrocious BBC programme The Future State Of Welfare With John Humphrys would be treated fairly and investigated thoroughly. It wasn't. The Spartacus group were told we would see the release of all the responses to the first PIP consultation published by the end of the year, in response to the Responsible Reform report which Ministers told wilful lies about. They decided to not publish the material that would supposedly show our report was not representative of the consultation responses and that their summary of it supposedly was. We won in the House Of Lords- they reversed it with a nod and a wink, misusing an arcane privilege. Then they made concessions, to which all oaths are binding in our Houses of Parliament. They have broken many of them and not been held to account.

Having changed the timetable of their plans somewhat, I myself am still likely to lose DLA next year and will be ineligible for PIP because I can use a microwave and the mobility component does not cover the issues that prevent me from going out.

The Files will close this time next year, barring some miracle. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all you've done.

    I appreciate it, I know others do too.

    All the best to you and yours mate. Bendyleopard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do not despair.Continue to post somewhere .Your input is invaluable.I do not know what else to say,beyond have the strength to fight your case,no matter how bad it gets but try to maintain your health as best you can.Sorry I am crap at things like this.I repeat bendyleopard's sentiments.regards.

    ReplyDelete